Recently my exchange student and I have sat down on our phones and computers and spent hours pinning things that we wanted to try, wether it be food or crafts or just silly ideas. One thing we have been trying to focus on is healthy school lunches, and we wanted to try some out before school started so we would know what to and what not to do before the start of it all. Here is a really easy recipe for chicken and avocado pita that turned out great and that we both loved.
ingredients: (serves approx. three)
2 chicken breasts
lemon juice (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
* For the above listed ingredients amounts may vary as I didn’t measure stuff too much and just threw most of it into the bowl, which I do with a lot of my cooking. *
- Gather all ingredients and season your chicken with some ground pepper before putting it on a heated pan with nonstick spray and cook your chicken thoroughly.
- While your chicken is cooking you can cut, de-pit and slice your avocado. Put into a separate bowl, and if desired you can mash some of it up.
- Cut and add tomatoes to the avocado. Add lemon and pepper now to taste, if desired.
- Once the chicken is cooked, let it cool off before shredding and add it to the avocado and tomato mixture. Stir well, and add lettuce to your pita before stuffing it with the chicken mixture.
Hopefully this recipe proves as easy to anyone who wants to try it as it did to me!